ASE explores how to survive and thrive as a solopreneur.
Learn from other creators and entrepreneurs about how they manage their work, life and careers. You are not alone!
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts:
Subscribe via Email
Get new posts directly from Darren (plus, thoughts and announcements never posted publicly)
- #24 My Annual Review Process & 2020How was your 2020? I share my annual review process and lessons from this year, despite not hitting my goals.
- #23 From Fashion to Documentary Photography with Nicky Quamina-Woo“How to get the feeling of being there into an image so viewers start to be able to understand… is what documentary photographers are trying to do.” – Nicky Quamina-Woo Subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Google Podcasts, YouTube, Email How did Nicky Quamina-Woo go from being an art director in […]
View by Topic
Case studies of individuals charting their own path, and doing their most meaningful work
- Documentary Photographer Nicky Woo (listen)
- Independent Journalist & Author Elaine Pofeldt (listen)
- Entrepreneur & NGO Founder Elizabeth Tan (listen)
- Filmmaker Boo Junfeng (listen)
- Artist & Songwriter Tuimi (listen)
- Education Changemaker Anny Chang (listen)
- Salsa Teacher Jimmy Yoon (listen)
- Tour Guide Yous Sopanha (listen)
- Social Entrepreneur Ho Thai Binh (listen)
- Vietnam Travel Blogger Tom Divers (read)
Career & Lifestyle Design
Building a sustainable working-life you love
- What I Learned from Asking 30 People about their Perfect Day (listen)
- Mindsets, Tools & Models to Reinvent Yourself with Paul Millerd (listen)
- Dr. Stephanie Berg on Naturopathic Principles for Optimal Health (listen)
Ancient Wisdom & Embodied Cognition
Success does not always come from thinking, trying or striving harder. This series challenges the “crush it” mentality that permeates startup culture
- Xiu Yang: The Ancient Art of Self-Cultivation with Mimi Kuo-Deemer (listen)
- Wu-Wei & What Ancient Chinese Philosophers Can Teach Us about Peak Performance with Edward Slingerland (listen)
- Demystifying Intuition with Simone Wright (listen)
- Unlocking Kobe Bryant’s Mamba Mentality (listen)
Is it possible to work on your own and build a career that fulfills you creatively, socially and financially? Darren shares the ups and downs of pursuing this path.
- My Annual Review Process (listen)
- Outsight (listen)
- Live for Today or Tomorrow? (listen)
- Decade in Review: Lessons from my 30s (listen)
- Live the Questions (listen)
- Making Morning Routines Stick with Tiny Habits (listen)
- Spring Cleaning for the Chinese New Year (listen)
- How I am Taking Advantage of Having (Near) Zero Subscribers (listen)
See our entire podcast archive here.