“Qigong is about supporting your body’s ability to be healthy. It’s about doing less.”
– Mimi Kuo-Deemer
Mimi Kuo-Deemer, author of Qigong and the Tai Chi Axis, shares her 20-year journey with qigong and how it can nourish mind, body and spirit. Mimi explains the core concepts of qigong, including yin and yang, the tai chi axis and 5 elements theory. She also walks us through wuji (emptiness stance), so you can get a feel for the practice.
- How Qigong Changed Mimi’s Life (3:40)
- Qigong, the Tai Chi Axis & 5 Elements Theory (21:15)
- Wuji & Practicing Qigong (40:25)
- Lightning Round (1:03:10)
Mimi Kuo-Deemer is dedicated to sharing the ways in which qigong and other healing arts can help people meet the messy, complicated job of being human with greater awareness, compassion and ease. She is a teacher of both students and other teachers, having practiced and taught for over 20 years in China, the UK, Europe and the United States. Mimi graduated from Stanford University and received an MA with distinction from SOAS in Traditions of Yoga and Meditation.
- Mimi Kuo-Deemer: Qigong | Mindfulness | Yoga
- Mimi Kuo-Deemer on Youtube | Instagram | Facebook
- Qigong and the Tai Chi Axis: Nourishing Practices for Mind, Body and Spirit by Mimi Kuo-Deemer
- 8 Brocades Qigong Practice with Mimi (free on YouTube)
- #15 Xiu Yang: The Ancient Art of Self-Cultivation with Mimi Kuo-Deemer
- Cheryl Strayed