ASE explores how to survive and thrive as a solopreneur.
Learn from other creators and entrepreneurs about how they manage their work, life and careers. You are not alone!
Subscribe wherever you listen to podcasts:
Subscribe via Email
Get new posts directly from Darren (plus, thoughts and announcements never posted publicly)
- #22 OutsightChange happens from the outside in
- #21 Live for Today or Tomorrow?Is it possible to live for today AND tomorrow? Darren shares one approach to be kind to your past, present and future self.
View by Topic
Case studies of individuals charting their own path, and doing their most meaningful work
- Independent Journalist & Author Elaine Pofeldt (listen)
- Entrepreneur & NGO Founder Elizabeth Tan (listen)
- Filmmaker Boo Junfeng (listen)
- Artist & Songwriter Tuimi (listen)
- Education Changemaker Anny Chang (listen)
- Salsa Teacher Jimmy Yoon (listen)
- Tour Guide Yous Sopanha (listen)
- Social Entrepreneur Ho Thai Binh (listen)
- Vietnam Travel Blogger Tom Divers (read)
Career & Lifestyle Design
Building a sustainable working-life you love
- What I Learned from Asking 30 People about their Perfect Day (listen)
- Mindsets, Tools & Models to Reinvent Yourself with Paul Millerd (listen)
- Dr. Stephanie Berg on Naturopathic Principles for Optimal Health (listen)
Ancient Wisdom & Embodied Cognition
Success does not always come from thinking, trying or striving harder. This series challenges the “crush it” mentality that permeates startup culture
- Xiu Yang: The Ancient Art of Self-Cultivation with Mimi Kuo-Deemer (listen)
- Wu-Wei & What Ancient Chinese Philosophers Can Teach Us about Peak Performance with Edward Slingerland (listen)
- Demystifying Intuition with Simone Wright (listen)
- Unlocking Kobe Bryant’s Mamba Mentality (listen)
Is it possible to work on your own and build a career that fulfills you creatively, socially and financially? Darren shares the ups and downs of pursuing this path.
- Outsight (listen)
- Live for Today or Tomorrow? (listen)
- Decade in Review: Lessons from my 30s (listen)
- Live the Questions (listen)
- Making Morning Routines Stick with Tiny Habits (listen)
- Spring Cleaning for the Chinese New Year (listen)
- How I am Taking Advantage of Having (Near) Zero Subscribers (listen)
See our entire podcast archive here.