So long, 2010s!
I spent this decade trying to do creative, fulfilling work that could support a location independent lifestyle.
In my case, that was starting a business that gave world-class MBA admissions advice to thousands of applicants – especially from developing countries – for free.
This episode is quite personal and not easy to share, but I hope that it encourages you to do your own decade in review. Looking at the past 10 years:
- What are you most proud of?
- What were your biggest lessons? (hint: look at your failures)
- What can you let go of moving into the next decade?
For me, these proud moments & lessons were:
- Splitting Income from Time Working | Find and Nourish Tribes (1:53)
- Living in Medellin, Colombia | Run Towards Dreams that Scare You (8:26)
- Dad’s Heart Surgery | Legacy is What You Give to Others (17:30)
- The Flow of Life | Clear What, Flexible How (21:45)
Four lessons I need to re-member, re-learn and re-live. I often forget them, and fall short. Publishing them helps keeps me accountable.
Happy New Year everyone. Wishing you a thrilling and fulfilling next decade.